Cooking Club of America-Scam
Just got this packet in the mail, complete with a magnet and a crappy bowl scraper.As a chef myself, I was sort of intrigued.
Getting this happened to coincide with subscribing to a very reputable magazine based out of Vermont, "Cooks Illustrated". Upon further research, over fifty of the initial hits I got on Google yielded very VERY negative results. Seems to be that the membership results in them sending you books with fake invoices asking you to pay them money, and the products they send you to "test" are flimsy, poorly built items that even an OC housewife could discredit. Hope this helps!
I sent it all back to them ripped up in their pre-paid envelope.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "While enjoying a Blue Bell Fudge Bar, the last thing everybody does is one final lick of the yummy bar from the stick. Ouch!! I got a sliver..."
- "I purchased a package of Twinkies at a Walgreens store in Perry, GA. I ate one, and although I thought it tasted odd, I continued to eat it. I took..."
- "Attached is a picture of the contents of a 7 oz. package of Poppycock. As you can see, there are many kernels of popcorn and there are nuts as..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "I normally do not do this but with it being the holiday season, some of you may be in the market for new TVs. So I feel that I must..."
- "worth 1000 words (and $70?) - see below we went to a funeral today and found a monstrous arrangement which unfortunately bore our names how embarrassing. I've been trying to..."
- "Back on Saturday, April 30th, 2016, I used my American Express Credit Card to pay my contractor $20,000.00 for a job that has Not Been Finished! The way that I paid..."
- "Respected Sir, ..."
- " Have been using these guys exclusively for at least 15 yrs. Yesterday I went to have the oil changed in my 98 Saturn. I requested their 'basic oil..."